We have a long-standing history of providing nursing excellence to our patients through quality-based care in a compassionate manner. Our nurses are highly experienced and knowledgeable professionals with the belief that optimal healthcare is best accomplished through collaboration. Development of a professional working relationship with the medical staff is influential in advancing the quality of care delivered to patients at Northside Medical Center. Our staff takes a multi-disciplinary team approach with other healthcare professionals ready to deliver remarkable care in a patient centered environment.
As a core foundation, our staff and nursing leaders have a focus on a participative and collaborative management structure of Shared Governance with four operating councils -- Nursing Commission, Quality Council, Nurse Practice Council and Professional Development Council. The delivery of care is best accomplished through having expert, knowledgeable and well-informed nurses making decisions about patient care.
Our commitment to quality outcomes is evidenced through participation in the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI). The NDNQI strives to provide quality benchmarking by measuring nurse sensitive indicators in providing patient care.
This commitment to quality further embodies our approach to patient care in creating a culture of safety through evidence-based outcomes in practice, education, research and administration.
The vision for the nursing department has at its core the elements of a healthful practice/work environment which is comprised of the following:
- Collaborative practice culture
- Communication of a rich culture
- Culture of accountability
- The presence of adequate numbers of qualified nurses
- The presence of expert competent credible visible leadership
- Shared decision making at all levels
- Encouragement of professional practice and continued growth/development
- Recognition of the value of nursing’s contribution
- Recognition by nurses for their meaningful contribution to the practice of nursing
Twenty-eight percent of our registered nurses have achieved certification in their practice area specialty through national credentialing organizations.